Next week, your family will likely be gathered around a table covered with delicious traditional fare and rich desserts. Since Thanksgiving comes but once a year, you’ll want to take advantage of Aunt Ethel’s delicious pumpkin praline bars. Go ahead and enjoy your meal, sampling a bit of each festive dish and being mindful of portion control.
Thankful for Good Health
Before you eat, have each person say one thing they are thankful for from the past year. Perhaps you’ve seen your business grow, felt the benefits of healthy choices or had a new addition. Everyone can be thankful for the time together and the blessings of a healthy meal.
Tricks for Portion Control
- Support your digestion and feel fuller with FibRestore®
- Wait 15 minutes between helpings to accurately calculate how full you are
- Fill your plate with mostly fruits, grains and vegetables
- Share your favorite dessert with your sweetheart
Instead of avoiding your favorite treats this Thanksgiving, choose to be mindful about what you do after the meal. After the last forkful, many folks resign themselves to the couch or armchair to watch football or holiday movies. By making simple changes in the way you move after stuffing your turkey, you can make a big impact on the way your body digests all those delicious calories.
- Round up the kids for help taking down the decorations
- Haul out the holly and visit a Christmas tree farm
- Play a little backyard football instead of watching others do it on TV
- Get everyone involved in post-meal cleanup with some dance music
- Encourage a round of charades if you have less mobile family members
- Pack up leftovers and hand-deliver them to visit elderly and shut-in neighbors
- Plan your shopping strategy by placing ads around a room in the order you plan to shop
- Volunteer together at a nearby nonprofit or charity
- Try a healthy energy shot of 24K™ to avoid feeling groggy
May You Have a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Enjoy a healthier, more active lifestyle with Reliv. Order now.