Identified about 20 years ago, metabolic syndrome is taking America by storm. According to the American Heart Association, nearly 47 million Americans live with it.
Metabolic syndrome is not a disease, but a set of risk factors or symptoms thatcan lead to serious health problems such as type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
Symptoms of metabolic syndrome:
- Waistline measuring greater than 40 inches for men and 35 inches for women
- High blood pressure or taking blood pressure medication
- High triglycerides
- High blood sugar or type 2 diabetes
- Low levels of HDL (“good”) cholesterol
Ifyou have any of these symptoms, it is possible you may have others and are notaware. So it’s a good idea to schedule a visit with your physician for a healthevaluation.
Other risk factors that can lead to the development of metabolic syndromeinclude:
- Age. You are more likely to develop metabolic syndrome and the corresponding symptoms the older you get.
- Race. Statistically, Asians and Hispanics are more likely to develop metabolic syndrome.
- Obesity. Having a BMI (body mass index) of higher than 25 significantly increases your chance of developing metabolic syndrome.
- Family History. As with most conditions, genetic predisposition plays a role in the chances you will develop metabolic syndrome. That is why it is important to know your family health history.
Beingaware of where you stand is a good place to start managing and reversingmetabolic syndrome. Reliv is here to help:
- The Slimplicity® Weight Loss System can help you drop that extra belly fat.
- GlucAffect® is clinically proven to help manage blood glucose levels.
- CardioSentials® is clinically proven to lower bad cholesterol (LDL) and triglycerides and increase good cholesterol (HDL).
- The Team Reliv Fitness Club is a great way to get motivated to get moving and track your progress.
Enjoya healthier, more active lifestyle with Reliv. Order now.