|Living green means we recycle, create less waste and use fewer resources. These are all important ways to protect the environment. But what are you doing to green up your health? A healthy environment and a healthy lifestyle go hand in hand. Let’s make every day “Green Health Day!”
- Don’t pollute your body.Is your body a nutritional wasteland? Give a hoot — don’t pollute your body with garbage foods. Instead, treat it well by eating more natural foods that are packed with nutrients. Think fiber-filled whole grains and fruits and vegetables. Meanwhile, reduce saturated fats and sodium intake. You can also prevent erosion of your health with nutritional supplements.
Green Health Action Steps:
- Turn over a new leaf. Work fiber-packed FibRestore® and essential nutrition such as Reliv Now® or Reliv Classic® into your daily routine to nourish your body.
- Choose healthier snacks. Try dry roasted Relivables® Soy Nuts, which are low in sodium and cholesterol-free. To satisfy your sweet tooth, grab Relivables® Healthy Snack Bars, which are a great source of fiber, healthy soy protein and whole grains. They also contain no trans fats or high-fructose corn syrup.
- Reduce waist.How deep is your footprint? Being overweight contributes to type 2 diabetes, coronary heart disease and stroke, certain types of cancer and more. If you’re a man with a waist measurement of 40 inches or more, or a woman with a waist measurement of 35 inches or more, you’re at much higher risk of metabolic syndrome, which can lead to heart disease and type 2 diabetes. So it pays to reduce your waist! Losing just 5 to 7 percent of your body weight and doing moderate-intensity exercise for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week also may prevent or delay the onset of type 2 diabetes.
Green Health Action Step:
- Choose a weight loss partner wisely. Reliv’s Slimplicity® Weight Loss System starts with a calorie-controlled, satisfying shake for lunch combined with accelerator capsules before each meal that help boost your metabolism, burn more fat and control your appetite. The plan includes a pedometer to encourage walking, a food and exercise journal and ongoing support so you can stay on track as you lose weight — and keep it off.
- Use more natural energy.Forget oil — we’re talking leg power! Walk or ride a bike whenever possible. Use your leg power to go to the grocery store. If you’re buying a lot, consider pulling a wagon to the store for the walk home. It’s a great muscle and cardio workout to improve heart health and burn more calories! Or bring the family on bikes and everyone can carry a (cloth) bag home. Another idea is to ride your bike to work and arrive invigorated for the day. Re-cycle day after day! With gas prices climbing steeply, these strategies are good for your body and your wallet.
- Live toxic-free.Stress is toxic. It takes a toll on you mentally and physically and makes you more likely to eat on the run and exercise less. The aftermath is an increase in illness, fatigue and brain fog. Follow the mantra: live, laugh and love. Laughing is a known stress reliever that allows you to live and love more freely! Take some time to enjoy nature too. By taking care of yourself with good nutrition and exercise, you’re better able to handle stress and you create a positive, energetic outlook that ripples to others.
Green Health Action Step:
- Drink responsibly. 24K™ from Reliv is a ready-to-drink energy shot that addresses stress, fatigue and mental fog. With 24 healthy ingredients, 24K delivers real energy through real nutrition. It’s a truly sustainable energy source!
Enjoy a healthier, more active lifestyle with Reliv. Order now.